Witamy, Gość
Nazwa użytkownika: Hasło: Zapamiętaj mnie
Witamy na forum Kunena!

Podziel się z nami i naszymi użytkownikami, kim jesteś, czym się interesujesz i dlaczego postanowiłeś do nas dołączyć.

Serdecznie zapraszamy wszystkich nowych członków naszej społeczności i mamy nadzieję że zagościsz u nas na dłużej!

TEMAT: Greiss finally had the breakthrough night he and

Greiss finally had the breakthrough night he and 5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #1205

• elaine95
  • elaine95 Avatar
RALEIGH Jeff Skinner Jersey Womens , N.C. (AP) After allowing 19 goals in his previous four games, Thomas Greiss finally had the breakthrough night he and the New York Islanders were looking for.Greiss stopped 45 shots for his first shutout of the season, and the Islanders beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday night.”He was great,” Islanders coach Doug Weight said. ”He was confident. He came in and did a job. He made the saves he had to.”Article continues below ...Johnny Boychuk, Anthony Beauvillier and John Tavares scored for the Islanders, who moved past the Hurricanes into the second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. Greiss got his eighth career shutout one night after Jaroslav Halak had 50 saves in a 3-0 home win against the crosstown-rival Rangers.”It was a huge win for us, especially after emotional last night at home,” Islanders center Brock Nelson said. ”Both goaltenders were crucial. That was a big push for us, to get four points.”Cam Ward finished with 20 saves for the Hurricanes, who lost their second straight and fell into a tie with Columbus one point behind the Islanders for the conference’s last playoff spot.Jeff Skinner had his game-tying goal in the third period waved off after a replay review ruled he was offside when he entered the zone.”By an inch, maybe,” Skinner said. ”It was tough..I tried to slow up as best I could. I should’ve probably dragged my foot. It was close.”Carolina failed to get a better scoring chance the rest of the night despite getting nearly twice as many shots as the Islanders.The Hurricanes outshot the Islanders 16-7 in the first period and 28-15 through the second. Greiss kept Carolina off the scoreboard with a superb effort, turning aside scoring chance after scoring chance.”We owed him at least one good game in front of him,” Beauvillier said. ”He was really good tonight. He made some unbelievable stops.”Greiss’ work bought the Islanders’ offense time to get going, and it finally broke through near the midpoint of the second period.After a battle behind the Hurricanes net, Nelson fished out a rolling puck along the boards and pushed it to Boychuk at the right point. With the puck still rolling, Boychuk fired a slap shot that wiggled and elevated over Ward’s shoulder into the upper left corner of the net for his fourth of the season.Skinner thought he tied the game four minutes into the third when he flipped a loose puck in front of the net over Greiss’ glove. But a coach’s challenge by the Islanders forced a video review, and officials ruled the puck was offside on Carolina’s zone entry.”Before it ever went in I was told it was offside on the entry John Tavares Jersey , so I wasn’t surprised,” Hurricanes coach Bill Peters said. ”Disappointed obviously, but we knew.”The dejected Hurricanes got only one shot off in the next eight minutes, at which point Beauvillier put the game away. He picked up a mishandled pass at the Islanders blue line, split two Carolina defenders, skated the length of the ice and pushed a shot under Ward’s pads despite being hooked by Noah Hanifin.”I just saw that fumbled puck at the blue line there and just tried to get my speed going, try get on the breakaway,” Beauvillier said of his 14th of the season. ”I kind of closed my eyes when I shot at the net there. It was getting pretty tight with the goalie.”Tavares was awarded a goal, his 30th, after he was tripped from behind as he approached the empty net with 32 seconds left to finish it.NOTES: The back-to-back shutouts by the Islanders were their first two of the season. … Boychuk’s goal was his first since Nov. 22 against Philadelphia. He also scored against the Hurricanes on Nov. 16. … Skinner’s waved off goal would have been the 200th goal of his career. … The Hurricanes saw their home win streak snapped at three games.UP NEXTIslanders: Host Minnesota on Monday.Hurricanes: Host New Jersey on Sunday. PITTSBURGH (AP) — Phil Kessel scored a power-play goal at 3:59 of overtime to give the Pittsburgh Penguins a 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night.Evgeni Malkin pushed a loose puck from the slot to Kessel, and he finished near the side of the net for the Penguins’ fifth victory in seven games.Tanner Pearson scored against his former team, and Matt Cullen and Bryan Rust also had goals for the Penguins. Matt Murray made 38 saves for his first victory since Oct. 25 at Calgary.Murray stopped Tyler Toffoli’s breakaway in the first 30 seconds of overtime. The goalie also denied a quality overtime chance from Jake Muzzin in the slot.Muzzin, Matt Luff and Alex Iafallo scored for Los Angeles, and Jonathan Quick stopped 32 shots. The Kings have lost four straight and eight of 10.Iafallo tied it at 3 with a power-play goal at 12:30 of the third period.CAPITALS 4, SABRES 3, SOWASHINGTON (AP) — Alex Ovechkin scored his NHL-leading 29th goal of the season to extend his points streak to a career-best 14 games and had the shootout winner for Washington.Ovechkin has 17 goals and six points during his points streak and has scored in six in a row. The Stanley Cup champion Capitals have won five in a row.Brett Connolly and Jakub Vrana also scored, and Pheonix Copley made 25 saves. Sabres captain Jack Eichel scored twice and No. 1 overall pick Rasmus Dahlin had a power-play goal for Buffalo.PANTHERS 4, MAPLE LEAFS 3 Authentic Jordan Eberle Jersey , OTSUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — Aleksander Barkov scored at 3:24 of overtime to complete his first NHL hat trick and lift Florida past Toronto.Barkov slipped the puck past goalie Frederik Andersen from the right side of the crease.Jonathan Huberdeau had a goal and an assist, and Roberto Luongo made 29 saves to help the Panthers snap a four-game skid. Mitchell Marner scored twice for Toronto, John Tavares added his team-high 20th goal and Andersen stopped 28 shots. The Maple Leafs have lost four of their past five,The Maple Leafs tied it at 3 with 1:39 left in regulation on Marner’s second goal.FLAMES 2, WILD 1ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Matthew Tkachuk scored the go-ahead goal midway through the third period for Calgary, and David Rittich made 34 saves against Minnesota.Mark Giordano scored short-handed in the first period for the Pacific Division-leading Flames. They are 11-2-1 in their last 14 games, with 10 wins in regulation, and lead the NHL with 50 third-period goals. Jordan Greenway scored for the Wild.DUCKS 2, BLUE JACKETS 1, OTCOLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Daniel Sprong scored 1:19 into overtime to lift Anaheim past Columbus.Adam Henrique won a faceoff in the Ducks offensive zone, and Sprong beat Sergei Bobrovsky with his second goal of the night.John Gibson stopped 36 shots for Anaheim. The Ducks have won four straight and eight of nine.Markus Nutivaara scored for Columbus.CANADIENS 5, SENATORS 2MONTREAL (AP) — Shea Weber scored the tiebreaking goal in Montreal’s four-goal third period and the Canadiens beat Ottawa for the third time in 12 days.Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Matthew Peca each had a goal and an assist, and Paul Byron and Jonathan Drouin also scored for the Canadiens. Carey Price stopped 16 shots to win his fifth straight.Colin White and Mikkel Boedker scored for the Senators.AVALANCHE 6, STARS 4DENVER (AP) — Gabriel Landeskog scored twice, including the winner with 3:20 remaining Womens Josh Bailey Jersey , Mikko Rantanen added two more on the power play and Colorado recovered after blowing a three-goal lead.Esa Lindell and Tyler Seguin brought Dallas back by scoring 44 seconds apart in the middle period. Seguin added another in the third and Jamie Benn tied it with 4:36 left.Landeskog’s winner was a redirect after a shot by defenseman Erik Johnson from the blue line. Nathan MacKinnon sealed the win with an empty-net goal. MacKinnon also had three assists to help the Avs snap a three-game skid that included an overtime loss in St. Louis on Friday.ISLANDERS 4, RED WINGS 3, SOUNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Mathew Barzal scored on a power play in the third period and had the only goal in the shootout to lift New York past Detroit.Anthony Beauvillier and Casey Cizikas also scored in regulation, and Thomas Greiss made 18 saves for New York. Thomas Vanek had a goal and two assists, and Gustav Nyquist and Trevor Daley added goals for Detroit.PREDATORS 2, DEVILS 1, SONASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Ryan Johansen scored the winning goal in the sixth round of the shootout to lift Nashville past New Jersey.Frederick Gaudreau scored in regulation and Juuse Saros made 33 saves through overtime to help the Predators win their third straight.Brian Boyle scored for the Devils and Keith Kinkaid made 27 saves.CANUCKS 5, FLYERS 1VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Brock Boeser had a goal and an assist to lead Vancouver.Chris Tanev, Loui Eriksson, Josh Leivo and Markus Granlund also scored for the Canucks, and Troy Stecher had two assists. Jacob Markstrom stopped 31 shots.Scott Laughton scored for the Flyers, who lost for the second time in two nights. Philadelphia finished a five-game trip in which it earned just three points. Anthony Stolarz stopped two-of-four shots before he left midway through the first period Due to a lower-body injury. Backup Alex Lyon made 17 saves.
Administrator wyłączył możliwość publicznego pisania postów.

Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone 2013-2023 © EdukacjaŻeglarska.pl - Mariusz Zawiszewski

Brak połączenia z serwerem MySQL.
Błąd: